Buffalos:)

Buffalos:)
Old Faithful Geyser at Yellow Stone National Park.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cultural food Cusine! How you Deal it?

I thought about this type of concerned, for the reason that for me being a Filipina I love my Philippine Cuisine; I grow up in a very simple way which food is very significant, and of course food for us is very crucial, what I'm thinking off? Anyway let's go ahead. The Number 1 Main Dish in my Family Table back in Philippines was the Rice, without this Rice I, and my Siblings are pretty much hungry still even if there's a fried Chicken, or any Meats in our each Plates. So my Parents much more my Mother makes sure that the Rice is always present in our 3 times daily meals.
In the Picture below are the certain foods with me off course, are just some few Menus that you can witness every time you get invited into a Filipino activity like Fiesta's, Birthday's, or even in a small get together every time you are in a Filipino's community.
The Following foods main dish are,
White Rice = don’t you forget this as this is very important dish as a main dish to Filipino’s
Pancit Noodles = this cuisine is always present.
Sinugba = with onion, garlic stuffing's inside of the Fish or we call it (Grilled Fish)
Chicken Wings = fried style with spicy or sweet and sour.
Chicken Adobo = basic cooked by a little sauce of soy sauce, a small amount of Vinegar, with onion, and garlic.
 Filipino desert always have the Following
Biko = sticky Rice particularly cooked by Coconut Milk, and Brown Sugar,
Puto = as I can describe, it is what they called muffins, but this Filipino Puto is cooked from Sticky rice.
Fruit Salad Macaroni = a Pasta noodles particularly, mixed by Condense Milk, Mixed Can of slice Fruits, and a creamy cream.
Spaghetti = Mixed by Sweet Spaghetti sauce, hotdogs, or ground beef. 

During Christmas Filipino's Party


So Folks my point to this topic was, how can you handle to a Cultural Cuisine's or Foods that you used to eat every single days of your daily meals  if you're in the Foreign Countries?.

I'm not only pointing my homeland, any International cuisines are welcome to this Blog. So like for example my Husband which is an American, you can hardly offer him few of the Philippine Cuisine's, and so with the International Cuisine's because he's scared to try it, that might be he'll get sick to it, so because of this I need to bring him in a Restaurant which he can find his comfort zone of food.

Actually me, I'm very lucrative to food either it is International food Cuisine like Thai food, Indian food, Asian food, European or American food, I can try each of them, I can taste them, and if I don’t get along with the food I'll say Ahhh Ohhh Im not going to give a try again it Failed in my taste, but bottom line was YES I did try it. Unlike some Folks they really don’t give the effort to try like my Husband which yes there's no wrong with that, and of course I am 100% respect them, and I understand it.


My point is how can you handle it?
Do you handle well enough your starved? Or till me lets talk about it my friend, lets give an open discussion according this issues so we can give a hint to those up there that having trouble on their foods when they are outside on their comfort zone of food.

By:Yen-Yen 



7 comments:

  1. Let me hear your experienced about food.
    I'll wait yours OK.:)



    Best regards,
    Yen2x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very amazing mare you did your good job huh?hehe.. i like it very much...

    Lalo akung nagutom sa mga foods tuloy..lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food is very important, you are right about that! It is good to be like you and to try different foods as we will not know if we like a food or not unless we try it. But what I hate is when someone expects me to like a food just because they like the food. I really hate it when I say "I do not like that food" and they say are you crazy because the food is good. If I like the taste, I eat it. If I don't like the taste, I DON'T Like it so do not expect me to eat it! I think the food a person likes depends to a large degree on what they grew up with. If a person grew up eating sardines in that brown gunk that they eat in the provice and they like it, that is what they like! If it is salami that they ate as I kid, then that is what they will probably like as an adult. Bring on the FOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mau:) thanks so much for liking it.:) kagutom nga much more in my case that away from the food I used to grow up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @MingRelaxer:)
    Honey my dear Thanks for supporting this new fashion of mine, I admit you push me through this which I do realy Love it.
    I know food is very crucial to each of us, one thing made me fun to test you sometimes is when I cook a Pride Fish at home and you open right away the doors and windows because you hate the smells.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE FOOD. Some Filipino food is good like crispy pata, but I love PIZZA!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is your favorite Asian food? Do you like your spegettie like an American as it is bitter taste. We Philippino like the sweet sauce and hotdog in the sauce. Do you like Philippino sepgettie or Americano spegettie best? Maybe you can put a blog about recipies and we can get some ideas for making diffierent foods in our house as fancy resturants like you go to are out of my and my husband's budget. I like reading your blogs! MORE PLEASE!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by my firend.:)