Buffalos:)

Buffalos:)
Old Faithful Geyser at Yellow Stone National Park.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Is Correct Grammar crucial or just for English Class??

I grew up in the Philippines where English is my second language. Actually, English is my 3rd language.
My main language is "Bisayan", the 1st language I learned from the minute I started to talk. Bisayan language originated in Cebu, but is widely spoken in Mindanao too. When I was 3 yrs old, I learned my 2nd language, “Tagalog” from watching television and then later in School. In Luzon and in Manila the Capital city of Philippines “Tagalog” is the primary language which is also the main Language of communication in the Philippines. So the Visayas and Mindanao have to learn “Tagalog” in order to get this communication from this small country the Philippines, or better to say so that Manila can understand the Visayas and Mindanao people, and vice versa.
Because English is my 3rd language, I admit that I really have trouble finding the correct grammar. Plus, I am very bad with spelling too. I remember one of my High school and College instructor told me that I write very well, well enough to touch a few folk’s feelings but the problem is my bad grammar and spelling. Though at the end I hit the home run the way I write. I also admit to myself that I can build up a paragraph right away in less than 1 minute as long as I have this, what they called "focus and concentration". But the only problem is this tiring grammar, spelling, which is a pain in the butt.

When I write:
When I write, I don’t follow protocols or rules. I write using my heart, and write it to flow without concern for sentence structure or grammar. I use my heart. I write whatever I want to write! Writing a blog is not like writing an English term paper. What is important is the subject of your paragraph and how you delivered it. I’m writing to make sure that my readers understand it and at the same time are having fun. And if you have to look at my grammar, even if you do understand my sentence using my bad characters, then it is your problem, not mine. Because I know that you are just looking the simple, small characters that are not really a big deal. But please, if you want to act like an English teacher, let me know when I have this bad grammar so I know which part has errors. By then I can correct it right away and also I can enhance my capability of writing. Plus you also contribute with this huge help to me.:)

I noticed and have researched Americans, British, Australians, and most professional writers having trouble with their grammar. It is not 100% perfect, and I know from the fact also that career folks even hired their own personal editors to correct and read all of their works to find their own errors. I am not writing an article to receive a grade or award. I’m done with the college’s grading system.

I’m here to write using my heart, exerting all my emotions, and hey, to have fun. I know grammar is very crucial as it makes sense of our language. But I must admit in articles we can’t deny having some errors after the submission! But admit it, you really understand the paragraphs even though the grammar is pretty poor. Why? Simple because you have, what they call instinct inside of your system!

I can assure to you at this time. When my writings is going to be graded or I will receive an award, then I’ll assure that i will write it perfectly or shall I say I’m going to put some time to correct my grammar and errors for me to win the game.

BY:Yen-Yen 
Have a sexyful, bountiful, wonderful, and blissful day folks.:)

2 comments:

  1. You are a very good at expressing yourself. Did you ever consider writting a book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naiintindihan ko ang problema grammar ng Tagalog ang aking third wika at ako palaging gumawa ng mga error sa grammar kapag sumulat ako Tagalog. Isulat ko ito sa aking pinakamahusay na Tagalog bilang Naiintindihan ko ang iyong Ingles at sa tingin ang iyong balarila ay magandang. Paano ang aking grammar sa ito Tagalog?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by my firend.:)