Buffalos:)

Buffalos:)
Old Faithful Geyser at Yellow Stone National Park.

Friday, March 22, 2013

I grew up in a very busy, traffic environment in Cagayan De Oro City Philippines. So seeing Jeepnies or Jeep, Motorcycles, Tricycles, Taxis, and more is not a big deal for me because of  those old days of my time there. 

When I left my Country to jump into the new chapter of my existence with the man I choose to marry and be with for the rest of my time, my thoughts of objects around me went openly wide and have transformed in a lighter way. My conclusions changed and my emotions began to accept the reality between right and wrong particularly Government, Politics, and more crucial errors or crucial entities that highly needs attention right away. 

Many people wish they could live in Europe. Specially if your housing is part of your contracts, free tax, and hey living here in Europe is a feeling of having a luxurious vacation. 

Train Stop.
Waiting Metro station stop.
As I noticed here in my current area right now which I love the most is the very friendly transportation. You don’t really need a Car around the city because Tram and Train is an easy way to get through in and out. The benefits are less traffic and most of all less hassle during your daily routine or just heading to the mall.

Back to my home town in Cagayan De Oro City. The primary transportation is Jeeps. I recalled back in my college days it was really a very annoying ride for me. The funky annoying music is very loud, but I have no choice but to deal with it in my busy daily routine. Specially that my travel time is about 45minutes to reach the main City and I did it twice a day.

I reminisce one day visiting my home town for my short vacation. I was in a Taxi in the middle of a very heavy traffic area of Cagayan De Oro. My mind is longing for a Europe road way. That I was in a Tram or in a Train, no hassle and no worries even more. I wish the Jeepneys, motorcycles, and tricycles, turned into a 2 way lanes instead of 4 or 5 lanes. Though having 2 lanes still occurred traffic but it helps the flow of the road. The reason is this is very freaking head pain traffic. I wish this kind of transportation would stop only at their designated stops and not because the passenger wants to stop. It’s a law that these jeeps only stop at their assigned stations. I wish this could happen soon in my home town. I wish one day the drivers would follow the rules to avoid the heavy traffic in the area. If it is only 2 lanes then it should be followed and won’t become into 4 or 5 lanes to avoid the heavy traffic, and feeling like sardines would never be experienced.

I wish that the Government officials will claim and take action seriously. Though in my mind it would be impossible to take off the Jeepneys, motorcycles, and tricycles inside the city and change it into Trams or Trains all over the Philippines. At least the Government could do something to solve the primary problems in the road.

Wishes:
:) Pedestrian Crosswalks all over the Philippines, particularly in the city.

:) Tricycles are not allowed in areas of heavy traffic in the city, or on the highways.

:) A special road for bikes, and they should not be in the city racing with the jeepneys in the highways.

:) Jeepneys should have an assigned stop. Passengers only get on and off at the designated stops to avoid blocking traffic.

:) Sidewalk vendors are not allowed, to keep the city clean.

:) Flea market spaces for the sidewalk vendors to keep them off the streets and not blocking traffic.

:) Police should be visible 24/7 in the city to watch out for and to deter crimes. 

Seems like my wishes above are very simple and easy to implement, but why after decades and decades my wishes above haven’t come true? Are the wishes above really that hard to claim? Or just because the Government is full of Politics?

If my Government would make the first move, I am pretty sure people would have no choice but to follow the rules. Yes all of the Nations that involve in the society should have to make the move. Not just to wait the government to do the first step, but remember that’s why our Country was run by Government politicians for them to manage what is right and wrong and what should be the best way to improve the City!

I know for a fact that Philippines is not like the United States, Europe, Canada, Australia, and some other countries that are rich. It doesn’t mean that if a country is poor it has the right to not be clean, do not follow the rules, and has no discipline in the high ways. I know you know what I mean so please don’t just be a reader and just acting you haven’t seen the problem at all. I really don’t know if my country matured enough to implement the problem. I just wish that my Government would hear, listen, and command what I’m wishing for.

Have a bountiful, wonderful, and blissful day folks.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by my firend.:)